Are you the buyer, procurement manager responsible for purchasing bulbs? LED energy saving bulbs are now available as replacements for many types of fittings. Please contact us your requirements and we will advise how:
- energy consumption will be reduced by switching to LED – 4 watts versus 35 watts for a GU10 bulb
- time will be reduced by maintenance team replacing halogen, cfl or incandescent bulbs
- health and safety risk is reduced reaching high, difficult places
- less waste is sent for landfill
- return on investment per bulb is calculated
- Light for remote areas and portable generators – because of the low power requirement for LEDs, using solar panels becomes more practical and less expensive than running an electric line or using a generator for lighting in remote or off-grid areas. LED light bulbs are also ideal for use with small portable generators which are used for backup power in emergencies.
FIT AND FORGET
On the basis of replacing a GU10 35 watt halogen bulb with an Kashmir LED for 8 hours a day, you will be replacing your Kashmir LED in 17 years time having used 200 kilowatts during the lifetime (50,000 hours) at £0.09 per kilowatt = £18.00
The GU10 halogen bulb being used for 8 hours day will have been replaced 20 times during those 17 years based on average life of 2,500 hours, used 1,750 kilowatts at a cost of £157.50
The savings are significant and when multiplied throughout a building are staggering!
FURTHER COST SAVINGS – LED CREATE FAR LESS HEAT GENERATING LIGHT = REDUCED A/C COST
Cool – these bulbs do not cause heat build-up; LEDs produce 3.4 btu’s/hour, compared to 85 for incandescent bulbs. Common incandescent bulbs get hot and contribute to heat build-up in a room. LEDs prevent this heat build-up, thereby helping to reduce air conditioning costs.
LESS BREAKAGES – FURTHER REDUCTION IN COSTS
Durable – since LEDs do not have a filament, they are not damaged under circumstances when a regular incandescent bulb would be broken. Because they are solid, LED bulbs hold up well to jarring and bumping.
Please do not forget that not all LED bulb manufacture and design is the same – LEDs are generally estimated to last at least 25,000 hours. The Kashmir will last 50,000 hours +++